Jul 12, 2017

A wedding exploding box

Recently one of my colleagues ordered a wedding card from me. I have made several exploding boxes as wedding cards before so she requested one like that. I had some of the sheets from Maja Designs "Summertime" collection which are romantic and perfect for a summer wedding card. For the base I used a piece of 12x12 white cardstock, and for the lid and behind the squares I used some dusty flesh/pink tone cardstock.

This is the box with the lid on. The flowers on the lid are from WOC, the dragon fly is from my stash. On two of the sides on the box I used the Love die from Sue Wilsons Expressions Collection.
On the inside I have used dies from Sue Wilson and spellbinders. From Spellbinders I used the Elegant Ovals from the Nestabilities collection and all the squares are cut with the 6x6 "Matting Basic A+B"; from Sue Wilson I used the following: "Special day" from the Expressions collection, "Happy ever after" from the Special Occasion collection and "Melbourne" from the Australian collection.
For the cake I cut out circles using dies from Nellie Snellen. The rest I have cut by hand, and after glueing the cake together, I decorated it with ribbon and roses from WOC. I was very happy with the way the card turned out and so was my colleague. She told me afterwards that the guests at the wedding paid more attention to my card that they did to the presents the couple received 😊.

With this card I'm participating in Maja Designs Mood Board challenge for July/August. This is the mood board:
Click here to go to their challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment