Aug 27, 2017

Lemoncrafts summer challenge - Christmas in July

This challenge was a bit tricky for me since I don't have any of the Christmas collections from Lemoncraft (yet), so I went through all the Lemoncraft papers I have, and realised that it was possibly to use some of the paper from the Gossamer Blue collection. And there is actually also a sheet from the Heart Painted collection that could also be used, since it has the sheet music for Little Jack Frost. But this time I went for the Gossamer Blue.
The light blue wood pattern is from the 12x12 collection and the other is from the 6x6 paper pad. I used some white cardstock to create the little hills and for the trees, which are cut out with Sue Wilson Christmas Trees dies. The squares are cut out with Spellbinders Matting basics 6x6. For the tag I used a Nellie Snellen die, some snowflake dies from Impression Obsession and the wording is a Tattered Lace die. I used some Frosted lace Stickles for the trees and the hills and decorated with some halfpearls from my stash. Finally I drew with a very fine brown pen around the Happy Christmas wording to make it stand out a little more.

This was the first Christmas card this year, I better get started on making some more, since Christmas will be here before we know it.

You can read more about Lemoncrafts summer challenge HERE.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I have never taken into consideration the 'Gossamer Blue' collection to winter projects and it looks just great!!! I'll remember that :-)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Lemoncraft.

    ReplyDelete