Apr 2, 2018

Mortens 40th birthday card and cake

My colleague Morten turned 40 just before Easter so we all chipped in to buy him a present and I made the card to go with it:


I have used papers from Maja Designs "Denim & Friends" collection, and the picture I found on Google. I have used dies from Spellbinders - Matting Basics 6x6, Marianne Design - Numbers, Tattered Lace - Happy Birthday and Crealies - Stars. The halfpearls are from my stash.

Since I also make cakes from time to time Morten had booked me to make a cake for his colleagues, so for once I actually got to taste the finished cake :-). Morten designed the graphics for the cake, so it was pretty easy for me. He was not happy about turning 40 - it made him feel old - hence the wheel chair.

The cake consists of 3 layers of chocolate cake, 1 layer of raspberrymousse and one layer of chocolatemousse. The cake is covered with Baileys butterfrosting before covered with homemade fondant.




No comments:

Post a Comment