Apr 19, 2020

Layout of Isabella - contribution to More Than Words April challenge

Hope you are well and staying safe at home in this unusual time. Even though I have been staying at home, I haven't been very creative. I still have to work and at the same time I have 3 kids at home who also had to follow some online teaching, so it has been very busy, I have had to help them more with their school work than I have ever done before. At the same time the weather has been very nice, so I have been spending a lot of my free time working in the garden. Last summer we didn't get so much done out there, and it was kind of boring when we moved in 1½ years ago, so this year I have 4 projects I would like to get done, and I have now completed 2 and started the 3rd one, so I am getting there. I must say the weather makes a huge difference, when you have to stay at home, imagine how depressing it would be, if the rainy weather had continued. At least that is the situation here in DK.

Anyway, I was inspired by More Than Words April challenge which was the word Everyday and the creative challenge is bugs and/or birds. I remembered we had a picture of my oldest daughter where she had her face painted with a butterfly – perfect for this challenge. The picture reminded me of an EVERYDAY life where you were able to go places and do fun things together with your family and friends, like in this case where we had gone to a zoo. I wonder how long it will be before we get that kind of life back again.



Here is the layout I made:

And some close-ups



Materials used:
Maja Design – Sofiero, Coffee in the Arbour and Life in the Country collections
Pink cardstock
Dusty Attic chipboard, and I think the frame and butterfly was from Scrapek
Flowers from WOC and my stash
Distress Ink – Bundled Sage and Spun Sugar
Lindys Stamp Gang – Pretty in pink pink
Stencil from TCW (Balzers Design)
Liquid Pearls – Ballerina
Halfpearls and sequins from my stash



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO Heidi!! Your girl looks so pretty with her face painted, great for this challenge! Thank you for join us at MTW! xoxo Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heidi, I am a gardener too. I love to be busy in my garden, to be connect with mother earth. I always say to my husband "gardening is actually the same process as scrapbooking ,I only use nature products :). You created a beautiful layout for our challenge, and your photo of your daughter is very pretty!! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW. Stay safe xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love your take on the challenge - I think we're all hoping we can return to an everyday life soon! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your flower clusters. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so beautiful layout. Your photo is so cute. Thank you for joining us at MTW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely layout!
    thank you to joining us at MTW cahllenge this month!
    Sab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this layout very nice Thank you so much for joining us at MTW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words ~ Elle xx

    ReplyDelete