Jan 24, 2017

My nephews birthday

Back in September last year my oldest nephew turned 18, which is a big deal here in DK, cause then you are legally an adult. So of course my sister and brother-in-law had a party for him. I offered my sister to bring a naughty cake to surprise my nephew with. This is what I made for him:


Let us just say his cheeks turned a darker shade of red, when he saw it, but his friends really liked it. It consisted of 2 layers of vanilla cake with Verdi, 1 layer of chocolate cake, raspberry mousse and Baileys mousse.

Of course I also had to make him a card to go with his present, which was a lot of moving-away-from-home-kitchen-supplies. On the picture he is about 2 years old, so a lot has happened since then, because now he is over 2 meters tall.





For the card I used papers from 3 different Maja Design collections: From Home for the holidays I used Snowydays BS, from Vintage Frost Basic I used 22th of December BS and from Vintage Spring Basics I used 7th of April BS. I love how you can mix the papers from the different collections and they still match together. The dies I have used are Elegant Ovals from Spellbinders Nestabilities. The chipboard gears are Anemone from Scrapek.pl and the numbers are some I found at a local grocery store.


No comments:

Post a Comment