Aug 24, 2017

Cute (Layout of Rebecca)

I made a layout for my youngest daughter, since I had found this really cute picture of her dressed up in a Bratz costume, which we at some point had bought for our oldest daughter. Rebecca thought it was a princess costume and wore it as such, complete with a tiara and high heel shoes.
When I saw the old picture I just knew, that it would match the Gossamer Blue and Everyday Spring collections from Lemoncraft perfectly, and sure enough it was a perfect match.

Besides the already mentioned collections from Lemoncraft, I also cut out 2 butterflies from the diecut sheet from the Forget Me Not collection. After glueing the 2 pieces of cardstock together, I painted it with clear gesso and let it dry. The chipboard pieces, which are from Blue Fern (cute), SnipArt (frame) and Anemone/Scrapek (swirl and branches) was all painted with white gesso first, afterwards the swirl and the branches were painted with white acrylic paint and the word and the frame was embossed with some embossing powder from my stash (no brand). With a mix of modelling paste and white gesso, I stenciled a chicken wire pattern using a stencil from Dutch Doobadoo. I also sprayed some white Dylusions ink and Pergamano ink (pearl blue and fuchsia) on the background and with the blue ink I painted randomly on the corrugated paper. I die cut a doily out of white cardstock using a die from Intricut, and the large blue and pink flowers are made with dies from Nellie Snellen and Lemoncraft paper. The rest of the flowers are from WOC, except for the small blue roses, which are from my stash. Finally I decorated with some pink sequins and used some Liquid Pearls Ballerina on the chipboard branches.

And now for some close-ups:






The framed picture

With this LO I participate in Lemoncrafts summer challenge Picture Perfect. When I read about their challenge I knew right away, that I had to make a layout with this picture, because it's funny and cute at the same time - a perfect picture.
You can read more about their challenge here.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful page! Thank you for joing us in Summer with Lemoncraft challenge :)

    ReplyDelete