Aug 11, 2017

Birthday cards

Two of my friends had a birthday on July 14th, so I made a card for each of them, using the Summertime collection from Maja Design. For the first one I tried to make a CAS (clean and simple) card for the first time. That was actually very difficult since I like to add bling, ribbon etc. But I think it turned out okay.

I have only used dies from Spellbinders: 6x6 Matting Basics, Make a wish (D-lites) and Sentiments one. Besides that I used some vellum and some red halfpearls.


For my other friend I made a different card, this one was a little easier for me to make.
Again I used the 6x6 Matting Basics from Spellbinders, the rest of the squares I cut by hand. All the squares are distressed, and the same is the piece of border. The border and the picture of the bike are also from the Summertime collection. The chipboard is from Anemone, the flowers from WOC and the leaves are cut out with a China die. For the final touches I used some cheese cloth and halfpearls.

With both of these cards I'm participating in Maja Designs Mood Board challenge for July/August. This is their moodboard:
To read more about the challenge click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment